Contributors

Sunday, November 30, 2008

"MO-vember"

After an 8 week sabattical leave from the blog - I'm back. Much has happened since my last postings. Alexander has been on the ice about 60 times this season so far, Hanna Rose is doing Highland dance every Monday and playing Nepean Girls Hockey a couple of scattered times per week, Calli is still doing Canskate every Thursday, Cathy goes to Greco Lean and Fit a couple of times per week, and I play hockey every Thursday and the odd Sunday morning. Other than that, school / work for all of us.

I signed up to participate in a Prostate Cancer fundraiser for the month of November. November started off as "Govember" (goatee) and ended as Movember (moustache). The fundraiser is in support of a guy I played hockey against for a few years who is currently fighting Prostate Cancer. November is Prostate Cancer awareness month and many of us raised money for research. Here is a picture of Alexander and I while I was sporting the "Go".


After I was done with the go, we introduced the Mo! Yikes. The only one in the family that liked it was Calli. She wanted to touch it one last time before it was eliminated. Today is the last day of Movember and it will become a funny memory after today.


A close-up of the Mo. Contrary to what you might be thinking, no, I did not appear in any feature films of the 1980's....... especially those that had a lot of music with little dialogue!


Several of my male co-workers at St. Joe's also did Mo's. It was fun laughing at each other at school for the month of November and overall was a worthwhile experience.


Hopefully I can hit you back soon with some more updates. That's it for now.
Cheers, Duey.


1 comment:

MacPurdys said...

Oh yeah....nice mo bro!!! Darryl did the Movember too.

Wow, lots of posts to catch up on! You guys are busy as always!! I don't know where you guys find the time to do everything!!